Friday, August 29, 2008

well, that was unexpected

This morning, McCain chose Sarah Palin (Governor from Alaska! Hockey-mom of 5!) as his running-mate in an obvious attempt to pick up all the Hill supporters sitting on the fence about Obama.

Just because you have ovaries does not mean I will vote for you
. Tidbit: if you stand for pretty much everything that Hillary was fighting against, why would I ever consider giving you my vote? I will definitely not vote for you if one of your goals is to overturn Roe v. Wade. I can understand being anti-abortion, however, I cannot understand how you think it is your right to decide every other woman's fate in the country.

I also find it vaguely offensive that she claims she wants to break the glass ceiling by putting a woman in the White House. I want a woman in there, yes, but I want it to be for the right reasons and at the right time. Bad reasons to end up in the White House: being chosen by a presidential candidate so you can strategically pull in the votes that he's lacking -- not based on your policies, or your achievements, or any other substantial reason, just because you're a woman. Otherwise known as, you are a giant tool. Literally. I don't want a pawn of the Republican party being called a force for women.

I would rather lick a syphilitic toilet bowl than hand over my country to you.

No comments: