Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Anxiety Can Kiss My...

fMRI! Wired Science does it again, delving into the nitty gritty fun stuff that everyone wants to learn about. Like, say, finding out whether it's possible to control anxiety and fear that people experience in touchy situations. Apparently you can be trained to manage the anxiety, and even better, it's possible to overcome your fears! It's an old concept, with a new brain-study twist a la Stanford's researching team that use fancy fMRI's to measure your responses. Fair warning, it's informative, but for the real deal, you'll have to wait for a book that's coming out in March '09.

Oh, gmail, thanks a lot for the heads up! I like how personalized that selection was for me. I just wish you wouldn't read my emails, and my chats, and basically everything that I do with such frequency and dedication to do that. It freaks me out. Thank goodness I haven't installed Chrome...yet.

No comments: