Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New York is Calling My Name

Okay, realistically, New York is calling to every 20-something with a dream and Type A personality; but the last couple weeks have been torture when I think about how close I could have been to the catwalks in Bryant Park (darn you, logic and maturity). Alas, I could not gaze upon the beauty that was Valentino's goodbye line, or Marc Jacobs venture into pastels, or the new fun that is Bandleader inspired coats. Uh, did I just say that? Dear former band geeks: you are vindicated. Thanks to the glory of the internet I bring you some pieces that j'adore. And no, they ain't Dior.

(thank you refinery29.com for the pom-pom worthy sets of photos -- L2R: Temperley, Robert Geller and Rag & Bone.)

The Rag & Bone is my favorite. Contemporary, but the clean lines and simplicity of the jacket will help it last beyond the trends of Fall/Winter 08. At least for a little while. Also, Orange (pumpkin?) is back and ready to whip some hiney, and it's joined by Emerald and Muted Gold.

(L2R: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Karen Walker, Halston)

Talk about killer color combos. Methinks the millennial decade will be characterized by females rolling in old-school glamour considering how glittery and glowing color palettes are these days. One day, I will actually make money and have financial stability so I can buy pieces like this. Until then, nose to the grindstone writing ridiculously inane pieces for publications and dreams of the beauty and glory that is to come whence I arrive in NYC. Le Sigh.

No comments: