Tuesday, October 9, 2007

. : simple little stuff : .

Today is a day of simple pleasures. Perhaps this is my attempt at remaining "zen" as my curious away message stated yesterday, but indulging in the little stuff has been incredibly satisfying for some reason.

Here's my list of little stuff that kept bouncy and smiling. Hopefully at least one thing on here makes you smile too:

1. Good Music -- Feist is fabulous. She has such a laid back jazzy sound that is just so conducive to the fall weather that's beginning to settle over the Bay Area. Both albums, The Reminder and Let It Die have kept me pleasantly relaxed and calm. So far she's been accompanying me while I write/read/work and not while I drive, but I have a feeling she'll be good in any setting. (Thanks to D-Ha for the albums). Also, I need to get my hands on some French Jazz, because Feist's "L'amour Ne Dure Pas Toujours" or Love Does Not Last Forever makes me miss French terribly and remember why I always thought it sounded prettier than English.

2. Postsecret -- This blog, which I will perma-link on my sidebar from now on, appeals to my emo-artsy side. People from all over the world send homemade postcards to this guy in Maryland with an anonymous admission of some secret. The postcards are very creative, and all convey some idea that people don't feel comfortable saying out loud or confronting. Not to say that I think people shouldn't confront their problems, but I suppose in some way this allows them to do that, and if you feel this helps you then that makes me smile. This postcard isn't my favorite, but if I posted the ones I felt most deeply, I'd be revealing some secrets about myself now wouldn't I?

3. Fun New Gadgets -- in the form of new headphones and a cordless optical mouse. Since Big Bro has mysteriously misplaced my old mouse, I was forced to purchase a new one. I promptly felt dated and out of it when I realized that cordless mice are now the way to go. Apparently I'm 5 years behind in mice technology, since I actually asked if there was any lag time. The last time I hung out with someone who used a cordless mouse (because, surprisingly enough in college most people I know only used regular mice) they were brand new, jumpy, and had lag. Silly, outdated, fuddy-duddy See, cordless mice don't have any of those problems now.

4. Cafés - In particular, Douce France in Palo Alto. Some really delectable panini-like sandwiches, cute little pastries (heart-shaped cookies with strawberry filling!) and damn good coffee. If you're a Proscuitto fan like myself, I recommend the Angelo sandwich. I get cravings for this place all the time. Good thing I make a point to go there once a week. Oh, it also reminds me a little bit of Panaficio with how homey and comfortable it is. Add to that the free wireless internet they have and begin rejoicing, if you're an Internet junky like myself who enjoys good food.

5. Laughing with friends and family. Laughing makes people happy, laugh more, it's good stuff.

Ok, that last one was "hokey" as Big Bro puts it. My excuse for today is being rushed. Got to scamper off and run errands, so unfortunately this entry was cut short.

Quickly, though, in response to Mr. Tim and Mr. Maietta's comments on yesterday's post, yes, heart disease is a big deal. Thank you, both, for expounding on the benefits of alcohol to my heart even if it may slightly raise my chances of getting breast cancer. You have ensured that I will enjoy a life of intoxication and inebriation. Justtt kidding. Ha. But seriously, check out their comments on yesterday's post as both included good information about heart disease and the benefits of alcohol.

No comments: